Beautiful unique farm, composed of 3 gites, Clubhouse, Services, workshop and other outbuildings, situated on just over 17 Hectares of fertile land bordering 1KM of the river L’Isle and a small fishing lake. It is situated in the “Purple Perigord” of the DORDOGNE mid way (~70Kms) between Bordeaux and Perigueux with easy access to the new motorway connecting them. MONTPON the local town is just a few kms away (5 mins by car) where you will find all the facilities of modern life (Banks, Supermarkets etc), closer is the village of Menesplet which is in easy walking distance and has many amenities: Friendly café/bar, Tobacconist etc. Local Airports Bergerac (~30 Mins) and Bordeaux (~1 Hr) are serviced by well known low cost airlines.
Les Baillargeaux (pronounced “By-Ar-Jo”) has been used for many different tourist purposes over the last 20 years with a bias towards interests in fishing due to the excellent abundance of prime specimens in the river and local lakes. A family type atmosphere with a focus on cooking delights was encouraged by the owners that ran the property.
The future owner has enormous potential to develop the business in their own way; the property particularly lends itself to: Fishing holidays, Nature activities, Camping and caravan or a Horse riding stables with the beautiful land and lake with 7 seasonal fully equipped fishing cabins situated on the river front. The gites could either be let for self catering holiday accommodation or part of a full board type complex. In the past plans had been drawn up to install a swimming pool and layout an 8-hole golf course. Many highly profitable ideas are possible and the property value takes into account the fact that some investment is necessary to restore and rebuild, about 50K€ and 2-3 months preparation is needed to be fully operational.
It is an excellent investment opportunity, just restoring to a fully operational state (relatively low investment/effort) and exploiting all the natural features would greatly change both the property value considering its locality and also provide a healthy income.
A lot of regional development had taken place over the last 10 years to repair sluice gates in various parts of the river l’Isle in an effort to make the river fully navigable again,
The small field near the river on the North West (marked as “Port of Menesplet”) could 1 day be used in could be used in the future to harbour boats or other activity.
Reason for sale: This sale is due to retirement of the owners having run it for over 20 years, some maintenance is needed to the land and buildings and the price is set so as to sell now. Serious offers accepted; don’t miss out as this will not expected to be on the market for very long.
You will not easily find other opportunities like this:
• Highly profitable friendly business needing little to reopen
• Easily extendable to owners plans/ideas
• Proximity to Montpon Town (Banks, Shops, Entertainment etc.), 5 mins by car.
• Easy access to local village, bordering property by Boat/foot or 1 min in car Transport:
• 2 local airport services by low cost airlines,
• Nearby motorway/ main roads, TGV
• Extensive river front with excellent fishing,
• Mature Lake stocked with specimens and suitable for family fishing
• Many touristic attractions
• Navigable “L’Isle” River (runs between Perigueux and Libourne)
Massive potential with land and buildings: (Need of cleaning and restoration)
• 17Hcts fertile land (Surrounded by 1KM of beautiful fishing / navigable river)
• Approximately 1 acre (0.5 Hectare) of lake stocked with selected specimen fish
• ROSE GITE: 44.7 m2
• Chestnut Marble GITE: 40 m2
• Northview GITE: 39.4 m2
• Clubhouse (includes kitchen and administrative area): 70 m2
• Workshop :60 m2
• Deep freezer room and installations of Water heaters 6 m2
• Showers Toilets building :15 m2
• Storage and Service building (construction unfinished):40 m2
• 7 wooden Cabins near river (some equipped with: 2beds, cooker, fridge, lights): 12 m2 each
• 2 Sheep sheds (in need of repair):45 m2
• Cow area equipped for feeding and milking etc.
• Other animal houses and cages
To change all or part of the buildings a planning permission is needed to be submitted at the Marie which can take a maximum of 3 months to obtain on the designated current constructable area (where building area).